Perry Hall Animal Hospital is looking for a Hospital Manager to join our practice!
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian, to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a positive and progressive hospital culture based on high-quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment. We currently have a strong middle management team that includes a Technician Supervisor, Accounts Manager and Lead CSR that you would work closely with on all personnel, scheduling and accounting issues.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian and support staff managers to address staffing needs including hiring, training, and reviewing of staff.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Manages staff.
- Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
- Experience in a veterinary hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Reporting and data analysis.
- Problem-solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
- HR policies and protocol development.
- Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran
About our Hospital
- Benefits package includes PTO, 401k match, medical and ancillary benefit plans, quarterly bonus potential, some work from home options, flexible hours. Salary commensurate with experience. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter, CV and salary and/or schedule requirements.
- Perry Hall Animal Hospital has been providing comprehensive, quality care for your pets since 1972. Throughout the years, we have expanded and modernized our facility to reflect our commitment in providing the best veterinary care possible. We are continuing this daily tradition of excellence in veterinary medicine by keeping up to date with the best medical practices and ensuring our clients and their pets have access to affordable treatment and wellness plans.
- At Perry Hall Animal Hospital, our objective is to teach and provide routine preventative care for clients and their pets. We emphasize the importance of annual visits, vaccinations, and diagnostic tests to aid in maintenance of health and early detection of disease. We have recently updated much of our equipment and have the very best technological resources to offer clients and their pets.