Veterinary Technician Supervisor / Lead Technician
Perry Hall Animal Hospital is in need of an experienced veterinary technician, who wishes to manage and lead an already dynamic and experienced team of credentialed and non-credentialed technical staff.
The purpose of this position is to promote our goal of providing superior, cooperative patient care and client service by facilitating communication and collaboration between the technical staff, doctors, and hospital management. The ideal candidate must be a positive individual with the ability to lead, organize and mentor a group of 8-12 veterinary technicians and veterinary assistants, while also acting as a liaison between technical staff, doctors, the CSR team, and management.
The successful candidate will share our commitment to delivering the highest quality patient care with exceptional client service. Strong interpersonal skills are required and above all else, one must be dedicated to upholding and maintaining the positive and professional work environment that is fostered here.
This position is a working supervisory position, which oversees the veterinary technical staff as well as providing patient and client services.
Essential Leadership Duties:
Essential Technical Skills:
- Supervising technicians and assistants
- Encouraging teamwork and positivity through communication
- Upholding and promoting all hospital policies and procedures
- Acting as a point person for the technical department team members
- Coaching employees on performance issues and participate in disciplinary actions
- Participating in performance assessments and the development and execution of employee improvement plans
- Maintaining the technical staff work schedule
- Participating in the hiring process
- Providing day-to-day oversight and on-going feedback to staff and managers through staff huddles, team meetings and individual meetings
- Act as a liaison between technical staff, CSR team, doctors and management to promote effective communication in order to prevent and resolve concerns
- Assisting in the management, delegation and prioritizing for all technical staff regarding the case flow of in-patients, out-patients, surgical patients and scheduled doctor and technician appointments
Venipuncture, IVC, surgical pre-op/operative/recovery periods, anesthesia monitoring, drug calculations, fluid rate calculations, cystocentesis, induction/intubation, dental procedures, digital x-ray, controlled substance management, routine animal health care, vaccine and drug administration, routine appointment procedures and case management, problem solving and prevention, excellent time management skills, client education and satisfaction, attention to detail and the proven ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment.
You must be a motivated self-starter with an attention to detail, have a positive attitude, excellent communication skills and strong work ethic.
- Experienced RVT highly desirable, but candidates with a minimum of 5 years as a veterinary technician will be considered
- 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory technician role or a Head Veterinary Technician role is required.
- $20-$25/hour commensurate with experience, degrees and credentials
- Retirement plan, health insurance compensation, PTO, CE allowance, employee discount program, staff bonuses
If you would love to work in a positive, progressive and fast-paced environment where accountability, teamwork and commitment are required and rewarded please email cover letter, resume, and any salary/benefit requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "I am a Leader" as the subject line.